Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Meekonomics and Meritocracy

Last Sunday while I was mentally preparing myself for the message and working through some of the implications of what I’ve been studying lately I had an interesting thought. What does Meekonomics have to say to the notion of Meritocracy?

The way I see it there are two over riding systems of governance in this world; a class based, elitist, hierarchy in which moving from one “band” to another is extremely difficult or an egalitarian and pragmatic meritocracy in which the mobility if individuals is based solely on their ability to perform specified tasks or “merit”. The problem is that as I work through the implications of what it means to take a Jesus centered approach to economics neither system can stand up for very long.

[more  http://wp.me/p1x1Ng-b9 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment